Jerk Turkey Rice Bake Level: easy Total Time: 35 min
Servings: 4–6More Jerk Turkey Recipes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cans (15 ounces) Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) Diced green chilies, un-drained
- 1 cup Rice, uncooked
- 2 cups (14 ounces) Boar’s Head Jerk Turkey, sliced 1/4" thick & julienned
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) Boar’s Head 3 Pepper Colby Jack Cheese, sliced 1/4" thick and shredded
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion until tender, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mash 1 can kidney beans; then mix with the other can.
- Spread kidney beans mixture into 9" × 13" oven safe baking dish.
- Mix together sautéed onions, tomatoes, chopped green chilies and uncooked rice.
- Layer the onion mixture over beans.
- Add Jerk Turkey and top with 3 Pepper Colby Jack Cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes until warmed through and cheese melted.